"Blessingways" or "Mother Blessing Ceremonies" are similar to a baby shower but, rather than put the focus on celebrating the baby, they put the focus on honoring the parent-to-be! The most important thing to know is that this is an intimate gathering of the most special people in your life, who support and inspire you. It is a space for them to come together to honor your transition to parenthood and to prepare, as a community, to support you as you bring forth new life!
In the past, mother blessing ceremonies have been all female parties, but more people are making these celebrations gender inclusive now (in some cases including both of the baby's parents).
The Blessingway Package ($300) includes:
- Assistance planning the blessingway, including help choosing activities and rituals that will suit your group.
- Up to 5 hours of planning time.
- Up to 3 hours of help preparing the space with food and decorations.
- Up to 3 hours of assistance hosting the event, initiating and facilitating planned activities.
- Up to 3 hours of help cleaning up after the event.